Financial markets and real economies are diverging. The financial cycle has fallen behind the business cycle. Asset valuations and investor perceptions have sudden moves, trying to bridge the gaps, unleashing the forces of market volatility. Are the bonds becoming less effective diversifiers for equities in the low yields environment?
In the context of a heavily banking dependent funding of Romania’s economic sectors, with a view to the growing side effects of global and regional deleveraging, Romanian entrepreneurs and SMEs are often forced to deal with a subsistence economy. What can be done to refinance their innovative spirit?
Emerging markets are really diverging markets. Do the countries implementing reforms to open up their economies reap the benefits of boosting their asset values?
Highlight alternative funding solutions for real economy’s players, large and small
Understand how the global financial crisis channels regionally its influence on the banking and non-banking segments of Romania’s developing financial market
Digest hard learned lessons from past experiences
Looking through the 2015 lens into the mid- to long-term horizons
The conference aims to bring together the stakeholders of the real economy’s medium and long term financing value chain, giving everybody a platform and a chance to speak out (concerns, debates, plans, regulations, case studies, to dos etc.) Our moderators encourage both speakers and participants to engage in debates and exchange of ideas and create a permanent dialogue between the panelists and the audience.
Macro Trends: Romania vs CEE countries.
Supporting viable alternative solutions for the real economy funding.
Euro stability and its impact to investors.
EU growth drivers for 2015 and their correspondents for Romania.
- Ben Aris, Editor in Chief, bne IntelliNews
- Antonia Colibasanu, Partner Eurasia & International Marketing, Stratfor
- Bogdan Olteanu, Deputy Governor, National Bank of Romania
- Stefan Nanu, General Director, Treasury and Public Debt, Ministry of Public Finance of Romania
- Dan Bucsa, CEE Economist, UniCredit Bank AG
- Henning Esskuchen, Head of CEE Equity Research, Erste Group Bank AG
- Ana Maria Mihaescu, Chief Resident Representative for Romania, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Poland and Slovakia, IFC
- Valentin Ionescu, Director, Strategy and Stability Directorate, Financial Supervisory Authority
High opportunity sectors.
Recent deals - case studies.
Trends in M&A transactions. Availability of funding.
Listings as an exit option.
What does the future hold/what’s next?
- David Butts, Partner, Co-head of International Private Equity, CMS Cameron McKenna
- Mona Neagoe, Partner & Country Manager Romania, Pedersen & Partners
- Cristian Nacu, Partner, Enterprise Investors
- Dan Lupu, Partner, Earlybird Venture Capital
- Cezar Scarlat, Partner & Head of Abris Capital Romania and Bulgaria - Nikolaus Bethlen, Partner, Mid Europa Partners
- Victor Cionga, Managing Partner, AZ Capital Advisors
- Barbara Lunghi, Head of Mid&Small Caps Italy and ELITE Product Development, London Stock Exchange Group
- Giacinto Oriolo, Relationship Manager, Eastern Europe, London Stock Exchange Group
Rethinking companies’ capital structure.
Covered bonds – is it for real this time?
Turnaround funding and financial restructuring.
Are the pension funds ready to be the steward of improved corporate governance for Romanian public companies?
- Dragos Neacsu, CEO, Erste Asset Management and President, AAF
- Cristina Reichmann, Head of Capital Markets, FIS and Structured Finance, CMS Cameron McKenna
- Horia Braun-Erdei, General Manager and CIO, ING Investment Management Romania
- Sergiu Oprescu, Executive President, Alpha Bank Romania
- Jim Turnbull, Senior Advisor, Local Currency and Capital Markets, EBRD
- Hans-Jorg Paris, Financial Institutions Group, Hub-Leader S. Europe & EU8, IFC
- Iulius Postolache, Chief Executive Officer, Allianz-Tiriac Pensii Private
- Dorin Alexandru Badea, Executive Director, Head of Treasury, Capital Markets, Financial Institutions and Export Credit Agency, EximBank Romania
Located in central Bucharest, the Athenee Palace Hilton
Bucharest hotel is situated near the Romanian Athenaeum and
is just a five minute walk away from many popular tourist
attractions in the beautiful city of Bucharest.
1-3 Episcopiei Street
Sector 1, Bucharest 010292